Thursday, July 19, 2007

Oyster says "talk to the hand"

The Oyster saga continues.

TfL (Transport for London) run the Oyster card system. They also run the London Underground system. In march this year, the Oyster card system failed which led to my wife being detained (physically) and assaulted (verbally) by TfL a staff member.

After months of interacting with Oyster "Help" (ha ha) we have been refunded the money that was taken from us in error. We were overcharged by £10 and the TfL cheque was for £40 and I thanked them for the £30 gesture. But the money was the smaller part of this incident. The larger part was the actions of the TfL staff member at the time of the incident.

Having issued the cheque (drawn on a TfL account, of course), the Oyster "Help" people now tell me that to deal with the detainment and assault part I will need to write a letter to ... TfL. But a different department, of course.

I wrote back saying that this was not acceptable. The response I got from them was essentially 'talk to the hand'. The other hand. The left hand of TfL that clearly does not know what the right hand is doing.

TfL has known of this incident since March in all it's sordid detail. To suggest that we have to start a new process from scratch is, to say the least, frustrating.

In my initial post about this saga I wondered how the matter would be handled. The answer is not well. Not well at all.

No comments: